Retailer expanding, buying former Viking Cooking School site
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2013
RIDGELAND — Cowboy Maloney’s Appliance, Electronics and Bedding Superstores is expanding its Ridgeland location by acquiring the recently closed Viking Cooking School space.
The store will be known as Cowboy’s Kitchens.
The cost of the acquisition was not disclosed.
Since its inception of the, the Viking Store by Cowboy Maloney’s in Ridgeland has seen an increase in sales each month, according to a news release. With the addition of the cooking school space, Cowboy’s Kitchens will be adding new appliance brands to the Mississippi-made Viking Appliance line up and will make the cooking venue available for special events.
Con Maloney said, “Being a family-owned Mississippi company for over 61 years it just made sense to take over the Viking Cooking School space and to add more appliance vendors. There will be a sale to move some of the items off the floor and construction should be completed by the middle of the summer.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics