Retailer expanding, buying former Viking Cooking School site
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2013
RIDGELAND — Cowboy Maloney’s Appliance, Electronics and Bedding Superstores is expanding its Ridgeland location by acquiring the recently closed Viking Cooking School space.
The store will be known as Cowboy’s Kitchens.
The cost of the acquisition was not disclosed.
Since its inception of the, the Viking Store by Cowboy Maloney’s in Ridgeland has seen an increase in sales each month, according to a news release. With the addition of the cooking school space, Cowboy’s Kitchens will be adding new appliance brands to the Mississippi-made Viking Appliance line up and will make the cooking venue available for special events.
Con Maloney said, “Being a family-owned Mississippi company for over 61 years it just made sense to take over the Viking Cooking School space and to add more appliance vendors. There will be a sale to move some of the items off the floor and construction should be completed by the middle of the summer.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings