Lab owner’s attorney: No plans to use pay-back defense
Published: April 3,2013
WATER VALLEY — A defense lawyer for a laboratory owner says she had no plans to suggest that her client was targeted for prosecution because of her environmental activism.
Abby Brumley made the statement yesterday in a filing for Tennie White in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
White owns Mississippi Environmental Analytical Laboratories Inc. She was indicted Nov. 7 on charges of faking wastewater samples that she was hired to test for a company in Mississippi.
Last week, prosecutors said White shouldn’t be allowed to tell jurors that she’s being targeted for criticizing environmental agencies.
Brumley’s filing says she didn’t plan a retaliation defense and “made this point clear” to prosecutors.
She also says the prosecution request should be denied as defendants have a right to present a defense through evidence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history