Lab owner’s attorney: No plans to use pay-back defense
Published: April 3,2013
WATER VALLEY — A defense lawyer for a laboratory owner says she had no plans to suggest that her client was targeted for prosecution because of her environmental activism.
Abby Brumley made the statement yesterday in a filing for Tennie White in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
White owns Mississippi Environmental Analytical Laboratories Inc. She was indicted Nov. 7 on charges of faking wastewater samples that she was hired to test for a company in Mississippi.
Last week, prosecutors said White shouldn’t be allowed to tell jurors that she’s being targeted for criticizing environmental agencies.
Brumley’s filing says she didn’t plan a retaliation defense and “made this point clear” to prosecutors.
She also says the prosecution request should be denied as defendants have a right to present a defense through evidence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option