Officials want loop to connect casinos, beach with Back Bay
Published: April 3,2013
Tags: beach, casino, convention, entertainment, fish, fishing, gaming, highway, hospitality, infrastructure, lodging, meeting, nightlife, outdoors, restaurant, sand, Sun, swim, swimmer, swmimming, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — City officials want to complete the long-awaited loop around East Biloxi that would link the casinos and the beach with Back Bay.
The Sun Herald reports the City Council voted to support an initiative to connect Back Bay Boulevard with U.S. Highway 90.
David Nichols, the city’s chief administrative officer, says he’s looking for state and federal money to pay for the project.
Nichols says the city has long planned to finish the connection, with the potential to open the area to more development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million