Officials want loop to connect casinos, beach with Back Bay
Published: April 3,2013
Tags: beach, casino, convention, entertainment, fish, fishing, gaming, highway, hospitality, infrastructure, lodging, meeting, nightlife, outdoors, restaurant, sand, Sun, swim, swimmer, swmimming, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — City officials want to complete the long-awaited loop around East Biloxi that would link the casinos and the beach with Back Bay.
The Sun Herald reports the City Council voted to support an initiative to connect Back Bay Boulevard with U.S. Highway 90.
David Nichols, the city’s chief administrative officer, says he’s looking for state and federal money to pay for the project.
Nichols says the city has long planned to finish the connection, with the potential to open the area to more development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet