Officials want loop to connect casinos, beach with Back Bay
Published: April 3,2013
Tags: beach, casino, convention, entertainment, fish, fishing, gaming, highway, hospitality, infrastructure, lodging, meeting, nightlife, outdoors, restaurant, sand, Sun, swim, swimmer, swmimming, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — City officials want to complete the long-awaited loop around East Biloxi that would link the casinos and the beach with Back Bay.
The Sun Herald reports the City Council voted to support an initiative to connect Back Bay Boulevard with U.S. Highway 90.
David Nichols, the city’s chief administrative officer, says he’s looking for state and federal money to pay for the project.
Nichols says the city has long planned to finish the connection, with the potential to open the area to more development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium