Officials want loop to connect casinos, beach with Back Bay
by Associated Press
Published: April 3,2013
Tags: beach, casino, convention, entertainment, fish, fishing, gaming, highway, hospitality, infrastructure, lodging, meeting, nightlife, outdoors, restaurant, sand, Sun, swim, swimmer, swmimming, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — City officials want to complete the long-awaited loop around East Biloxi that would link the casinos and the beach with Back Bay.
The Sun Herald reports the City Council voted to support an initiative to connect Back Bay Boulevard with U.S. Highway 90.
David Nichols, the city’s chief administrative officer, says he’s looking for state and federal money to pay for the project.
Nichols says the city has long planned to finish the connection, with the potential to open the area to more development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!