Officials want loop to connect casinos, beach with Back Bay
Published: April 3,2013
Tags: beach, casino, convention, entertainment, fish, fishing, gaming, highway, hospitality, infrastructure, lodging, meeting, nightlife, outdoors, restaurant, sand, Sun, swim, swimmer, swmimming, tourism, tourist, transportation, travel, vacation, visitor
BILOXI — City officials want to complete the long-awaited loop around East Biloxi that would link the casinos and the beach with Back Bay.
The Sun Herald reports the City Council voted to support an initiative to connect Back Bay Boulevard with U.S. Highway 90.
David Nichols, the city’s chief administrative officer, says he’s looking for state and federal money to pay for the project.
Nichols says the city has long planned to finish the connection, with the potential to open the area to more development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand