Hospital opens Pediatric Surgery Center; claims only one in state
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2013
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has opened what it claims is the state’s only free standing Pediatric Surgery Center in Flowood.
The Pediatric Surgery Center is specifically designed to perform same-day procedures for children ages three months to 19 years of age. The center will be used by physicians from a variety of specialties from across the state.
Dr. April Ulmer, medical director and fellowship-trained pediatric gastroenterologist with GI Associates, performed the first surgical case at the Pediatric Surgery Center at River Oaks.
“The Pediatric Surgery Center offers parents, whose children are having minor outpatient surgery, the option to have the procedure in a nurturing, comfortable environment with professional medical staff,” said Ulmer. “It was an honor to perform the first case at the Center.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry