Hospital opens Pediatric Surgery Center; claims only one in state
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2013
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has opened what it claims is the state’s only free standing Pediatric Surgery Center in Flowood.
The Pediatric Surgery Center is specifically designed to perform same-day procedures for children ages three months to 19 years of age. The center will be used by physicians from a variety of specialties from across the state.
Dr. April Ulmer, medical director and fellowship-trained pediatric gastroenterologist with GI Associates, performed the first surgical case at the Pediatric Surgery Center at River Oaks.
“The Pediatric Surgery Center offers parents, whose children are having minor outpatient surgery, the option to have the procedure in a nurturing, comfortable environment with professional medical staff,” said Ulmer. “It was an honor to perform the first case at the Center.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus