Hospital opens Pediatric Surgery Center; claims only one in state
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2013
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has opened what it claims is the state’s only free standing Pediatric Surgery Center in Flowood.
The Pediatric Surgery Center is specifically designed to perform same-day procedures for children ages three months to 19 years of age. The center will be used by physicians from a variety of specialties from across the state.
Dr. April Ulmer, medical director and fellowship-trained pediatric gastroenterologist with GI Associates, performed the first surgical case at the Pediatric Surgery Center at River Oaks.
“The Pediatric Surgery Center offers parents, whose children are having minor outpatient surgery, the option to have the procedure in a nurturing, comfortable environment with professional medical staff,” said Ulmer. “It was an honor to perform the first case at the Center.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip