Hospital opens Pediatric Surgery Center; claims only one in state
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2013
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has opened what it claims is the state’s only free standing Pediatric Surgery Center in Flowood.
The Pediatric Surgery Center is specifically designed to perform same-day procedures for children ages three months to 19 years of age. The center will be used by physicians from a variety of specialties from across the state.
Dr. April Ulmer, medical director and fellowship-trained pediatric gastroenterologist with GI Associates, performed the first surgical case at the Pediatric Surgery Center at River Oaks.
“The Pediatric Surgery Center offers parents, whose children are having minor outpatient surgery, the option to have the procedure in a nurturing, comfortable environment with professional medical staff,” said Ulmer. “It was an honor to perform the first case at the Center.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State