Hospital opens Pediatric Surgery Center; claims only one in state
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 4,2013
FLOWOOD — River Oaks Hospital has opened what it claims is the state’s only free standing Pediatric Surgery Center in Flowood.
The Pediatric Surgery Center is specifically designed to perform same-day procedures for children ages three months to 19 years of age. The center will be used by physicians from a variety of specialties from across the state.
Dr. April Ulmer, medical director and fellowship-trained pediatric gastroenterologist with GI Associates, performed the first surgical case at the Pediatric Surgery Center at River Oaks.
“The Pediatric Surgery Center offers parents, whose children are having minor outpatient surgery, the option to have the procedure in a nurturing, comfortable environment with professional medical staff,” said Ulmer. “It was an honor to perform the first case at the Center.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well