Railcar repair facility coming, bringing 40 new jobs
by Associated Press
Published: April 4,2013
BROOKHAVEN — American Railcar Industries will locate a railcar repair facility in Brookhaven and bring in as many as 40 new jobs, according to a published report.
The Daily Leader reports the formal announcement was coming today from Gov. Phil Bryant and company and local officials.
The newspaper reports recent public notices say Brookhaven will receive about $650,000 from the Mississippi Development Authority for improvements to a site to be purchased by ARI for the construction of a plant. The site is identified as the former location of the Homelite South on Industrial Park Road.
The MDA money will be used for improvements to the site and construction of a rail spur.
ARI, which is based in St. Charles, Mo., operates a railcar facility in Bude, in neighboring Franklin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county