Railcar repair facility coming, bringing 40 new jobs
Published: April 4,2013
BROOKHAVEN — American Railcar Industries will locate a railcar repair facility in Brookhaven and bring in as many as 40 new jobs, according to a published report.
The Daily Leader reports the formal announcement was coming today from Gov. Phil Bryant and company and local officials.
The newspaper reports recent public notices say Brookhaven will receive about $650,000 from the Mississippi Development Authority for improvements to a site to be purchased by ARI for the construction of a plant. The site is identified as the former location of the Homelite South on Industrial Park Road.
The MDA money will be used for improvements to the site and construction of a rail spur.
ARI, which is based in St. Charles, Mo., operates a railcar facility in Bude, in neighboring Franklin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion