Railcar repair facility coming, bringing 40 new jobs
Published: April 4,2013
BROOKHAVEN — American Railcar Industries will locate a railcar repair facility in Brookhaven and bring in as many as 40 new jobs, according to a published report.
The Daily Leader reports the formal announcement was coming today from Gov. Phil Bryant and company and local officials.
The newspaper reports recent public notices say Brookhaven will receive about $650,000 from the Mississippi Development Authority for improvements to a site to be purchased by ARI for the construction of a plant. The site is identified as the former location of the Homelite South on Industrial Park Road.
The MDA money will be used for improvements to the site and construction of a rail spur.
ARI, which is based in St. Charles, Mo., operates a railcar facility in Bude, in neighboring Franklin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)