Railcar repair facility coming, bringing 40 new jobs
by Associated Press
Published: April 4,2013
BROOKHAVEN — American Railcar Industries will locate a railcar repair facility in Brookhaven and bring in as many as 40 new jobs, according to a published report.
The Daily Leader reports the formal announcement was coming today from Gov. Phil Bryant and company and local officials.
The newspaper reports recent public notices say Brookhaven will receive about $650,000 from the Mississippi Development Authority for improvements to a site to be purchased by ARI for the construction of a plant. The site is identified as the former location of the Homelite South on Industrial Park Road.
The MDA money will be used for improvements to the site and construction of a rail spur.
ARI, which is based in St. Charles, Mo., operates a railcar facility in Bude, in neighboring Franklin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi