Railcar repair facility coming, bringing 40 new jobs
Published: April 4,2013
BROOKHAVEN — American Railcar Industries will locate a railcar repair facility in Brookhaven and bring in as many as 40 new jobs, according to a published report.
The Daily Leader reports the formal announcement was coming today from Gov. Phil Bryant and company and local officials.
The newspaper reports recent public notices say Brookhaven will receive about $650,000 from the Mississippi Development Authority for improvements to a site to be purchased by ARI for the construction of a plant. The site is identified as the former location of the Homelite South on Industrial Park Road.
The MDA money will be used for improvements to the site and construction of a rail spur.
ARI, which is based in St. Charles, Mo., operates a railcar facility in Bude, in neighboring Franklin County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year