Governor’s nominee for DMR chief confirmed by Senate
Published: April 5,2013
BILOXI — Senators have confirmed Jamie Miller of Gulfport as executive director of the Biloxi-based Mississippi Department of Marine Resources.
Senate Ports and Marine Resources Committee members on Wednesday quizzed Miller about how he’ll manage the agency that has had financial problems in recent months. The agency’s former executive director, Bill Walker of Ocean Springs, was terminated Jan. 15 amid questions about misspending.
Miller, who was nominated by Gov. Phil Bryant, said he’ll do a 60-day review of MDMR operations. He also pledged the agency will be transparent and accountable to the public.
Miller has a degree in environmental science and started his career 16 years ago at MDMR. He also worked on Hurricane Katrina recovery under former Gov. Haley Barbour and was chief of staff for Republican U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job