Harvey named finalist
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 5,2013
The National Small Business Association recently selected local business woman, Socorro Harvey, president of NVision Solutions Inc., as a top five finalist for the 2013 Lew Shattuck Advocate of the Year Award. Harvey was honored in a ceremony at the White House by the NSBA and President Barack Obama in recognition of her dedication to the development, growth and mentoring of small and medium businesses in the region. Harvey is a determined advocate for entrepreneurship and is well known throughout the Gulf Coast for her small business initiatives. In 2010, she sponsored the development of the Magnolia Business Alliance. Through her efforts, the Small Business Administration awarded MBA one of 10 Regional Innovation Cluster contracts providing continuity to the program and the ability to expand and replicate it. Working with the Mississippi Development Authority, Harvey initiated and administers the Minority Enterprise Program, to identify, develop and nurture minority and woman-owned businesses in South Mississippi. Harvey and NVision have been recognized at the local, state and national level for continuing support of small business initiatives. In addition, Craig Harvey, COO, executive vice president of NVision Solutions, was named 2006 Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe