Harvey named finalist
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 5,2013
The National Small Business Association recently selected local business woman, Socorro Harvey, president of NVision Solutions Inc., as a top five finalist for the 2013 Lew Shattuck Advocate of the Year Award. Harvey was honored in a ceremony at the White House by the NSBA and President Barack Obama in recognition of her dedication to the development, growth and mentoring of small and medium businesses in the region. Harvey is a determined advocate for entrepreneurship and is well known throughout the Gulf Coast for her small business initiatives. In 2010, she sponsored the development of the Magnolia Business Alliance. Through her efforts, the Small Business Administration awarded MBA one of 10 Regional Innovation Cluster contracts providing continuity to the program and the ability to expand and replicate it. Working with the Mississippi Development Authority, Harvey initiated and administers the Minority Enterprise Program, to identify, develop and nurture minority and woman-owned businesses in South Mississippi. Harvey and NVision have been recognized at the local, state and national level for continuing support of small business initiatives. In addition, Craig Harvey, COO, executive vice president of NVision Solutions, was named 2006 Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015