Keeping Our Eye On Theo Davis
Published: April 9,2013
Jackson Housing Authority
Jackson native Theo J. Davis says the need for good housing is axiomatic. “Shelter is a basic necessity of life,” he says. “You can never go wrong with servicing physiological needs.”
As a service coordinator for Jackson Housing Authority, Davis works on everything from supervising tenants to assisting with quality of life measures. He was recently nominated Service Coordinator of the Year by the Mississippi Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials.
In addition to earning a psychology degree from Mississippi State University, Davis is currently pursuing a MA in biblical studies from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary with an emphasis on Bible languages.
Davis is also owner of Agapao Properties and hopes to expand his entrepreneurship vision and portfolio by one day owning multi-housing properties throughout the Greater Jackson area.
“Have a viable vision and stick to it,” he tells fellow young professionals. “Find your niche and endeavor towards it with unmitigated toil. Your niche will be your fuel and if properly maintained, it will eventually propel you into many other unbelievable and desirable arenas.”
In addition to volunteering for numerous Jackson nonprofits, Davis enjoys basketball, reading theology, fishing, running and visiting Hobby Lobby with his wife, Jessica.
Mentors: Ryan Sullivan, Jeff Barber, John Ward and John MacArthur
Favorite thing about Mississippi: “We rank among the top in the nation in charitable giving. This demonstrates that although the stigmas may brand our culture, our people believe in one of the most important things in life: to invest in one another.”
Favorite hangout spots: Grace Bible Church in Ridgeland and Grace Community Church in Jackson
Best Mississippi event: ”My wedding day on Jan. 26, 2013 at First Baptist Church of Longview”
First job ever: “Pizza Hut. I was the fastest pizza slinger and cutter in town.”
Favorite TV Show: Property Brothers
Favorite Movie: Courageous
Favorite Music: Steven Curtis Chapman
Favorite Mississippi food or restaurant: Chick-fil-A and Salsa’s in Clinton
Twitter handle: @theojdavis
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On Theo Davis”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement