Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 9,2013
JACKSON — The State of Mississippi Medicaid has selected MedeAnalytics, a California-based provider of healthcare performance management solutions, for the next generation of the state’s Medicaid Electronic Health Records System (MEHRS) application.
The state’s primary goal is to integrate claims and clinical data from various health information exchanges and serve as the clinical data warehouse of record.
Physicians in the state of Mississippi will utilize the Meaningful Use-certified system to provide coordinated care for aged, blind and disabled (ABD), dual-eligible, special needs and other Medicaid beneficiaries. Medicaid patients’ profiles are prepopulated with medical, pharmacy and claims histories. Physicians also have access to ePrescribing capabilities that integrate prescription drug claims and formularies as well as provide adverse drug reaction alerts.
MedeAnalytics chairman Mike Gallagher said, “The state of Mississippi has many points of access for patients, which makes the data landscape complex. We are excited to assist the state in improving quality and mitigating cost escalation.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur