Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 9,2013
JACKSON — The State of Mississippi Medicaid has selected MedeAnalytics, a California-based provider of healthcare performance management solutions, for the next generation of the state’s Medicaid Electronic Health Records System (MEHRS) application.
The state’s primary goal is to integrate claims and clinical data from various health information exchanges and serve as the clinical data warehouse of record.
Physicians in the state of Mississippi will utilize the Meaningful Use-certified system to provide coordinated care for aged, blind and disabled (ABD), dual-eligible, special needs and other Medicaid beneficiaries. Medicaid patients’ profiles are prepopulated with medical, pharmacy and claims histories. Physicians also have access to ePrescribing capabilities that integrate prescription drug claims and formularies as well as provide adverse drug reaction alerts.
MedeAnalytics chairman Mike Gallagher said, “The state of Mississippi has many points of access for patients, which makes the data landscape complex. We are excited to assist the state in improving quality and mitigating cost escalation.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics