Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 9,2013
JACKSON — The State of Mississippi Medicaid has selected MedeAnalytics, a California-based provider of healthcare performance management solutions, for the next generation of the state’s Medicaid Electronic Health Records System (MEHRS) application.
The state’s primary goal is to integrate claims and clinical data from various health information exchanges and serve as the clinical data warehouse of record.
Physicians in the state of Mississippi will utilize the Meaningful Use-certified system to provide coordinated care for aged, blind and disabled (ABD), dual-eligible, special needs and other Medicaid beneficiaries. Medicaid patients’ profiles are prepopulated with medical, pharmacy and claims histories. Physicians also have access to ePrescribing capabilities that integrate prescription drug claims and formularies as well as provide adverse drug reaction alerts.
MedeAnalytics chairman Mike Gallagher said, “The state of Mississippi has many points of access for patients, which makes the data landscape complex. We are excited to assist the state in improving quality and mitigating cost escalation.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Medicaid chooses California firm for management solution”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal