Coahoma CC goes outside to find new president
Published: April 10,2013
CLARKSDALE — Valmadge Towner of Marks has been named the next president of Coahoma Community College.
College trustees chose Towner, selecting him over two internal candidates, vice president of academic affairs Rosetta Howard and vice president of student affairs Gregory Hudson.
Towner, director of pupil services for the DeSoto County school district, graduated from Coahoma and once served as trustee.
Trustees President Johnny McGlown cites Towner’s long relationship with the 2,300-student college.
He will succeed Vivian Presley, who is retiring June 30.
Towner was formerly school superintendent in Quitman County, where he also owns a restaurant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics