Agency issues warnings on two sections of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories for two sampling stations.
The MDEQ reports these segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in those areas.
The stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper casino east to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3 — Waveland Beach (from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams