Agency issues warnings on two sections of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories for two sampling stations.
The MDEQ reports these segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in those areas.
The stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper casino east to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3 — Waveland Beach (from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager