Agency issues warnings on two sections of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories for two sampling stations.
The MDEQ reports these segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in those areas.
The stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper casino east to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3 — Waveland Beach (from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects