Agency issues warnings on two sections of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories for two sampling stations.
The MDEQ reports these segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in those areas.
The stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper casino east to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3 — Waveland Beach (from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability