Agency issues warnings on two sections of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 11,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories for two sampling stations.
The MDEQ reports these segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in those areas.
The stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper casino east to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3 — Waveland Beach (from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders