City spends triple the budget on auditorium upkeep
Published: April 11,2013
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez has spent three times what it has budgeted for maintenance at the City Auditorium for the fiscal year, and Mayor Butch Brown says more will have to be spent before the end of the year.
Brown told the city’s board of aldermen the air conditioning units have for several years been “woefully inadequate,” and that two of the larger units in the building have coils that are rusted out and cannot hold Freon.
The Natchez Democrat reports the city already had to make an emergency purchase of a boiler for the building last month. Approximately $3,000 was budgeted for the auditorium’s upkeep for the year.
Brown says the city has already spent $9,000, and will likely spend more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility