Ex-bank CEO charged with fraud, money laundering
by Associated Press
Published: April 11,2013
BUDE — The former chief executive officer or a south Mississippi bank has been charged with fraud and money laundering.
A criminal information filed in federal court says Larry Barnette Hill was CEO of Peoples Bank of the South in Bude. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says Hill took money from a payroll clearing account and deposited into a “shell” account he created and into the accounts of his family members.
It also says he used some of the money to pay off a loan he had taken at another bank.
The court document says the scheme happened from 2004 to July of 2012. It doesn’t say how much money was involved.
Court records didn’t list an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability