Ex-bank CEO charged with fraud, money laundering
Published: April 11,2013
BUDE — The former chief executive officer or a south Mississippi bank has been charged with fraud and money laundering.
A criminal information filed in federal court says Larry Barnette Hill was CEO of Peoples Bank of the South in Bude. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says Hill took money from a payroll clearing account and deposited into a “shell” account he created and into the accounts of his family members.
It also says he used some of the money to pay off a loan he had taken at another bank.
The court document says the scheme happened from 2004 to July of 2012. It doesn’t say how much money was involved.
Court records didn’t list an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen