Ex-bank CEO charged with fraud, money laundering
Published: April 11,2013
BUDE — The former chief executive officer or a south Mississippi bank has been charged with fraud and money laundering.
A criminal information filed in federal court says Larry Barnette Hill was CEO of Peoples Bank of the South in Bude. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says Hill took money from a payroll clearing account and deposited into a “shell” account he created and into the accounts of his family members.
It also says he used some of the money to pay off a loan he had taken at another bank.
The court document says the scheme happened from 2004 to July of 2012. It doesn’t say how much money was involved.
Court records didn’t list an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three