Ex-bank CEO charged with fraud, money laundering
by Associated Press
Published: April 11,2013
BUDE — The former chief executive officer or a south Mississippi bank has been charged with fraud and money laundering.
A criminal information filed in federal court says Larry Barnette Hill was CEO of Peoples Bank of the South in Bude. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says Hill took money from a payroll clearing account and deposited into a “shell” account he created and into the accounts of his family members.
It also says he used some of the money to pay off a loan he had taken at another bank.
The court document says the scheme happened from 2004 to July of 2012. It doesn’t say how much money was involved.
Court records didn’t list an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline