Ex-bank CEO charged with fraud, money laundering
Published: April 11,2013
BUDE — The former chief executive officer or a south Mississippi bank has been charged with fraud and money laundering.
A criminal information filed in federal court says Larry Barnette Hill was CEO of Peoples Bank of the South in Bude. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says Hill took money from a payroll clearing account and deposited into a “shell” account he created and into the accounts of his family members.
It also says he used some of the money to pay off a loan he had taken at another bank.
The court document says the scheme happened from 2004 to July of 2012. It doesn’t say how much money was involved.
Court records didn’t list an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)