Lab accused of falsifying testing results to Corp, Stennis
Published: April 11,2013
DIAMONDHEAD — Authorities have accused a company of making false statements about concrete tests it was hired to do for NASA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
Gulf Cities Testing Laboratories LLC, based in Diamondhead was charged in a criminal information in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says the company was supposed to do concrete strength tests for NASA on a flight engine test stand and for the Corps on structures at the site of the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant.
Prosecutors say the company didn’t do the tests or used faulty methods and equipment.
The phone number for the company was disconnected
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex