Lab accused of falsifying testing results to Corp, Stennis
Published: April 11,2013
DIAMONDHEAD — Authorities have accused a company of making false statements about concrete tests it was hired to do for NASA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
Gulf Cities Testing Laboratories LLC, based in Diamondhead was charged in a criminal information in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says the company was supposed to do concrete strength tests for NASA on a flight engine test stand and for the Corps on structures at the site of the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant.
Prosecutors say the company didn’t do the tests or used faulty methods and equipment.
The phone number for the company was disconnected
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal