Lab accused of falsifying testing results to Corp, Stennis
by Associated Press
Published: April 11,2013
DIAMONDHEAD — Authorities have accused a company of making false statements about concrete tests it was hired to do for NASA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
Gulf Cities Testing Laboratories LLC, based in Diamondhead was charged in a criminal information in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says the company was supposed to do concrete strength tests for NASA on a flight engine test stand and for the Corps on structures at the site of the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant.
Prosecutors say the company didn’t do the tests or used faulty methods and equipment.
The phone number for the company was disconnected
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody