Lab accused of falsifying testing results to Corp, Stennis
Published: April 11,2013
DIAMONDHEAD — Authorities have accused a company of making false statements about concrete tests it was hired to do for NASA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
Gulf Cities Testing Laboratories LLC, based in Diamondhead was charged in a criminal information in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says the company was supposed to do concrete strength tests for NASA on a flight engine test stand and for the Corps on structures at the site of the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant.
Prosecutors say the company didn’t do the tests or used faulty methods and equipment.
The phone number for the company was disconnected
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015