Lab accused of falsifying testing results to Corp, Stennis
Published: April 11,2013
DIAMONDHEAD — Authorities have accused a company of making false statements about concrete tests it was hired to do for NASA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
Gulf Cities Testing Laboratories LLC, based in Diamondhead was charged in a criminal information in U.S. District Court in Gulfport. A criminal information often means a defendant will plead guilty.
The document says the company was supposed to do concrete strength tests for NASA on a flight engine test stand and for the Corps on structures at the site of the former Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant.
Prosecutors say the company didn’t do the tests or used faulty methods and equipment.
The phone number for the company was disconnected
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders