Easterling gives presentation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2013
Randy Easterling, MD, of Vicksburg was recently one of the key presenters at the National Prescription Drug Abuse Summit held in Orlando, Fla. Easterling, medical director for River Region’s Marian Hill Chemical Dependency Unit, presented on the topic of the cost of prescription drug abuse, both from a human and a financial perspective.
Easterling is past president of the Mississippi State Medical Association, past president of the Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians and immediate past chair of the Mississippi Medical Political Action Committee board of directors, a post he held for seven years during his decade-long stint on the board. He has also held numerous public service posts including a 2004 appointment by former Lt. Gov. Amy Tuck to the Tort Claims Board, appointment on two of former Gov. Haley Barbour’s Transition Subcommittees (Medicaid and Access to Health Care) and appointment as chair of Gov. Phil Bryant’s Healthcare transition team. He also now serves as president of the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure.
Easterling has practiced family medicine and has served as medical director of Marian Hill Chemical Dependency Unit since his practice was established in Vicksburg in 1987. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of Alabama. He is a diplomat with the American Society of Addiction Medicine and has served multiple years as a Mississippi delegate to the American Medical Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind