Easterling gives presentation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 12,2013
Randy Easterling, MD, of Vicksburg was recently one of the key presenters at the National Prescription Drug Abuse Summit held in Orlando, Fla. Easterling, medical director for River Region’s Marian Hill Chemical Dependency Unit, presented on the topic of the cost of prescription drug abuse, both from a human and a financial perspective.
Easterling is past president of the Mississippi State Medical Association, past president of the Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians and immediate past chair of the Mississippi Medical Political Action Committee board of directors, a post he held for seven years during his decade-long stint on the board. He has also held numerous public service posts including a 2004 appointment by former Lt. Gov. Amy Tuck to the Tort Claims Board, appointment on two of former Gov. Haley Barbour’s Transition Subcommittees (Medicaid and Access to Health Care) and appointment as chair of Gov. Phil Bryant’s Healthcare transition team. He also now serves as president of the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure.
Easterling has practiced family medicine and has served as medical director of Marian Hill Chemical Dependency Unit since his practice was established in Vicksburg in 1987. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of Alabama. He is a diplomat with the American Society of Addiction Medicine and has served multiple years as a Mississippi delegate to the American Medical Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody