Longtime supervisor/lawmaker Anderson dead at 74
Published: April 14,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Doug Anderson has died.
Fellow supervisor Robert Graham announced Anderson, 74, died Saturday at St. Dominic Hospital, reports WLBT-TV.
Anderson was hospitalized April 3 after reacting unfavorably to medication. He had also been hospitalized in March.
In addition to 19 years as a supervisor, Anderson was a state senator for 12 years and a state representative for four years. He taught math at Jackson State University
Anderson had said in December that he would step down from office, but reversed his decision because he didn’t like the successor that other supervisors elected. Anderson suffered a series of strokes that had led to questions about whether he was still up to the job.
He is survived by wife Josephine and three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years