Longtime supervisor/lawmaker Anderson dead at 74
Published: April 14,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Doug Anderson has died.
Fellow supervisor Robert Graham announced Anderson, 74, died Saturday at St. Dominic Hospital, reports WLBT-TV.
Anderson was hospitalized April 3 after reacting unfavorably to medication. He had also been hospitalized in March.
In addition to 19 years as a supervisor, Anderson was a state senator for 12 years and a state representative for four years. He taught math at Jackson State University
Anderson had said in December that he would step down from office, but reversed his decision because he didn’t like the successor that other supervisors elected. Anderson suffered a series of strokes that had led to questions about whether he was still up to the job.
He is survived by wife Josephine and three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015