Longtime supervisor/lawmaker Anderson dead at 74
by Associated Press
Published: April 14,2013
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Doug Anderson has died.
Fellow supervisor Robert Graham announced Anderson, 74, died Saturday at St. Dominic Hospital, reports WLBT-TV.
Anderson was hospitalized April 3 after reacting unfavorably to medication. He had also been hospitalized in March.
In addition to 19 years as a supervisor, Anderson was a state senator for 12 years and a state representative for four years. He taught math at Jackson State University
Anderson had said in December that he would step down from office, but reversed his decision because he didn’t like the successor that other supervisors elected. Anderson suffered a series of strokes that had led to questions about whether he was still up to the job.
He is survived by wife Josephine and three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years