Brothel owner endorses ex-prostitute for mayor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2013
VICKSBURG — Bunny Ranch brothel owner Dennis Hof has a very special reason for endorsing Linda Fondren for mayor of Vicksburg.
In a news release, Hof said he was getting involved because Linda Fondren and her husband Jim not only owned and operated The Sagebrush Ranch (a Nevada brothel that is located next to Hofs), but before that she was a working prostitute at Hof’s brothel who met her husband when he was her client. While some might think that this history would disqualify her candidacy, Hof sees it as quite the opposite.
“Our girls go on to careers in medicine, law, and education, and they fund those educations with the money that they earn here at The Bunny Ranch” says Hof, who owns the Carson City, Nev.-based Bunny Ranch. “I couldn’t be prouder of their accomplishments, and I sincerely believe that Linda Fondren’s time working as a legal prostitute in Nevada has given her the necessary business acumen to be a very successful mayor.”
Hof is offering to join Fondren on the campaign trail, and he’s even willing to travel to Mississippi to appear with her in person and help raise money for her campaign.
“What she did here was legal, safe and well regulated, Hof said. “Nevada sets a progressive social example for the rest of the country by legalizing prostitution, and as the poorest state in the nation, Mississippi would be well advised to follow Nevada’s lead and stimulate their economy in the process.”
Hof hopes that a mayoral term could in fact lead to state wide office for Fondren, perhaps as a congresswoman or governor, where she could draw on her past as a legal prostitute to advocate for Mississippi becoming the second state in the nation to legalize the brothel industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi