Brothel owner endorses ex-prostitute for mayor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2013
VICKSBURG — Bunny Ranch brothel owner Dennis Hof has a very special reason for endorsing Linda Fondren for mayor of Vicksburg.
In a news release, Hof said he was getting involved because Linda Fondren and her husband Jim not only owned and operated The Sagebrush Ranch (a Nevada brothel that is located next to Hofs), but before that she was a working prostitute at Hof’s brothel who met her husband when he was her client. While some might think that this history would disqualify her candidacy, Hof sees it as quite the opposite.
“Our girls go on to careers in medicine, law, and education, and they fund those educations with the money that they earn here at The Bunny Ranch” says Hof, who owns the Carson City, Nev.-based Bunny Ranch. “I couldn’t be prouder of their accomplishments, and I sincerely believe that Linda Fondren’s time working as a legal prostitute in Nevada has given her the necessary business acumen to be a very successful mayor.”
Hof is offering to join Fondren on the campaign trail, and he’s even willing to travel to Mississippi to appear with her in person and help raise money for her campaign.
“What she did here was legal, safe and well regulated, Hof said. “Nevada sets a progressive social example for the rest of the country by legalizing prostitution, and as the poorest state in the nation, Mississippi would be well advised to follow Nevada’s lead and stimulate their economy in the process.”
Hof hopes that a mayoral term could in fact lead to state wide office for Fondren, perhaps as a congresswoman or governor, where she could draw on her past as a legal prostitute to advocate for Mississippi becoming the second state in the nation to legalize the brothel industry.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft