Auditor meets with Foundation over agency-owned boats
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 17,2013
BILOXI — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has met with Mississippi Department of Marine Resource Foundation board members concerning boats owned by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR).
The board agreed to meet within the next seven to 10 days to discuss transferring ownership of two boats that were being leased from the DMR Foundation by DMR. Total taxpayers assets in these two boats, including upgrades, equaled $1,074,517.97 identified to date, according to release from Pickering’s office.
“I appreciate the DMR Foundation board members being cooperative and working towards a process to turn the boats over to DMR,” said Pickering. “It is our office’s responsibility to protect the taxpayers’ assets in these boats and to continue to hold those accountable who misuse taxpayer money.”
This is the initial action of the civil portion of this ongoing investigation into misuse of taxpayer funds within DMR and has no relation to the potential criminal aspects of this case.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Auditor meets with Foundation over agency-owned boats”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband