Auditor meets with Foundation over agency-owned boats
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 17,2013
BILOXI — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has met with Mississippi Department of Marine Resource Foundation board members concerning boats owned by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR).
The board agreed to meet within the next seven to 10 days to discuss transferring ownership of two boats that were being leased from the DMR Foundation by DMR. Total taxpayers assets in these two boats, including upgrades, equaled $1,074,517.97 identified to date, according to release from Pickering’s office.
“I appreciate the DMR Foundation board members being cooperative and working towards a process to turn the boats over to DMR,” said Pickering. “It is our office’s responsibility to protect the taxpayers’ assets in these boats and to continue to hold those accountable who misuse taxpayer money.”
This is the initial action of the civil portion of this ongoing investigation into misuse of taxpayer funds within DMR and has no relation to the potential criminal aspects of this case.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Auditor meets with Foundation over agency-owned boats”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino