Jackson wins handily, takes Gardner’s empty House seat
Published: April 17,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Lataisha Jackson has won a runoff election in House District 11 to fill the unexpired term of the late state Rep. Joe Gardner.
Complete, but unofficial, returns from yesterday’s runoff showed Jackson with about 70 percent of the vote over Anderson Boothe.
House District 11 includes parts of Tate and Panola counties.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He was re-elected in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials