Jackson wins handily, takes Gardner’s empty House seat
by Associated Press
Published: April 17,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Lataisha Jackson has won a runoff election in House District 11 to fill the unexpired term of the late state Rep. Joe Gardner.
Complete, but unofficial, returns from yesterday’s runoff showed Jackson with about 70 percent of the vote over Anderson Boothe.
House District 11 includes parts of Tate and Panola counties.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He was re-elected in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip