Jackson wins handily, takes Gardner’s empty House seat
Published: April 17,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Lataisha Jackson has won a runoff election in House District 11 to fill the unexpired term of the late state Rep. Joe Gardner.
Complete, but unofficial, returns from yesterday’s runoff showed Jackson with about 70 percent of the vote over Anderson Boothe.
House District 11 includes parts of Tate and Panola counties.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He was re-elected in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training