Jackson wins handily, takes Gardner’s empty House seat
Published: April 17,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Lataisha Jackson has won a runoff election in House District 11 to fill the unexpired term of the late state Rep. Joe Gardner.
Complete, but unofficial, returns from yesterday’s runoff showed Jackson with about 70 percent of the vote over Anderson Boothe.
House District 11 includes parts of Tate and Panola counties.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He was re-elected in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game