Jackson wins handily, takes Gardner’s empty House seat
Published: April 17,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Lataisha Jackson has won a runoff election in House District 11 to fill the unexpired term of the late state Rep. Joe Gardner.
Complete, but unofficial, returns from yesterday’s runoff showed Jackson with about 70 percent of the vote over Anderson Boothe.
House District 11 includes parts of Tate and Panola counties.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He was re-elected in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency