Coast city to nearly double in size this weekend
Published: April 18,2013
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville will nearly double in size Sunday when area it has annexed officially becomes part of the city.
Police Chief Wayne Payne tells The Sun Herald his department has been working with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and will assume full law enforcement in the annexed area north of the city beginning at 6 a.m. Sunday.
Payne said his department will hand out information sheets to provide new residents with basic city information and contacts for city officials.
The D’Iberville Fire Department also will begin providing service in the new area Sunday. Fire Chief Gerald Smith says the county and city will share the fire station on Mississippi 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama