Coast city to nearly double in size this weekend
by Associated Press
Published: April 18,2013
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville will nearly double in size Sunday when area it has annexed officially becomes part of the city.
Police Chief Wayne Payne tells The Sun Herald his department has been working with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and will assume full law enforcement in the annexed area north of the city beginning at 6 a.m. Sunday.
Payne said his department will hand out information sheets to provide new residents with basic city information and contacts for city officials.
The D’Iberville Fire Department also will begin providing service in the new area Sunday. Fire Chief Gerald Smith says the county and city will share the fire station on Mississippi 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case