Coast city to nearly double in size this weekend
Published: April 18,2013
D’IBERVILLE — D’Iberville will nearly double in size Sunday when area it has annexed officially becomes part of the city.
Police Chief Wayne Payne tells The Sun Herald his department has been working with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and will assume full law enforcement in the annexed area north of the city beginning at 6 a.m. Sunday.
Payne said his department will hand out information sheets to provide new residents with basic city information and contacts for city officials.
The D’Iberville Fire Department also will begin providing service in the new area Sunday. Fire Chief Gerald Smith says the county and city will share the fire station on Mississippi 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring