Airline cutting Capitol City flights to Houston, Baltimore
Published: April 19,2013
JACKSON — Southwest Airlines is dropping one of its three daily Jackson-to-Houston flights as well as its direct Jackson-to-Baltimore flight.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the airline, effective June 1, will no longer offer a 2:10 p.m. departure from Jackson to Houston’s Hobby Airport. It will still have morning and evening departures.
And, effective Aug. 1, the airline’s direct flight to Baltimore will end, although Jackson-area customers can still get there via connecting flights.
The moves are part of a tweaking process by Southwest as it continues integrating its wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways into its flight plans
Southwest still offers two daily non-stop flights from Jackson to Houston, a non-stop flight to both Orlando and Chicago.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image