Bank executive asked by board to relocate to New Orleans
Published: April 19,2013
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding president and CEO Carl Chaney says the board of directors has asked him to move to New Orleans.
Chaney tells The Sun Herald the Greater New Orleans represents approximately 41 percent of the company’s balance sheet. He says he plans to move his family in June.
John Hairston, CEO and chief operating officer of Hancock Holding, will remain in Gulfport, as will the company’s headquarters.
Hancock Holding is the parent company of Hancock Bank and Whitney Bank, which merged in June 2011 to form a bank with nearly 250 offices from Tampa to Houston and $20 billion in combined assets.
Chaney says the company is seeing a real uptick in the south Louisiana economy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation