Board likes Taylor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Greenville Public School District has granted a three-year contract extension to school superintendent Leeson Taylor II. The district’s board of trustees voted unanimously to extend Taylor’s contract. Taylor, who has served in the district for more than 15 years, was named interim superintendent in June following Harvey Franklin’s resignation.
Franklin pleaded guilty in August to accepting bribes and kickbacks, stealing and embezzling and conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States after receiving more than $47,000 in kickbacks from a reading program he used in the district.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image