Board likes Taylor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Greenville Public School District has granted a three-year contract extension to school superintendent Leeson Taylor II. The district’s board of trustees voted unanimously to extend Taylor’s contract. Taylor, who has served in the district for more than 15 years, was named interim superintendent in June following Harvey Franklin’s resignation.
Franklin pleaded guilty in August to accepting bribes and kickbacks, stealing and embezzling and conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States after receiving more than $47,000 in kickbacks from a reading program he used in the district.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center