Board likes Taylor
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Greenville Public School District has granted a three-year contract extension to school superintendent Leeson Taylor II. The district’s board of trustees voted unanimously to extend Taylor’s contract. Taylor, who has served in the district for more than 15 years, was named interim superintendent in June following Harvey Franklin’s resignation.
Franklin pleaded guilty in August to accepting bribes and kickbacks, stealing and embezzling and conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States after receiving more than $47,000 in kickbacks from a reading program he used in the district.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast