CB Richard Ellis brings its global network to Jackson
by Ted Carter
Published: April 19,2013
Global commercial real estate firm CB Richard Ellis has set up shop in the metro Jackson market, having recruited a trio of longtime Jackson commercial real estate professionals to join the firm’s Grant Ridgway for the opening of an office at 10 Canebrake in Flowood.
The arrival of CB Richard Ellis gives Jackson access to an international network that “was previously unavailable in our market,” said Richard Ridgway, who joins David Lane and Guy Parker III in the new office.
The office will be part of CB Richard Ellis Memphis LLC, an independently owned and operated affiliate of CBRE Inc. The Memphis office has served clients throughout the Mid-South, including Arkansas and Mississippi, for more than 26 years.
“We see a tremendous potential for growth in Mississippi, and the addition of the Jackson office will allow us to better serve the southern portion of our territory,” said CBRE Memphis CEO Kevin Adams.
Joining Grant Ridgway will be Richard Ridgway and David Lane, co-principals of Ridgway Lane & Associates, and Guy Parker III of Parker Real Estate Properties.
Richard Ridgway has more than 37 years in the brokerage business, and his family has been active in the Jackson real estate market since the 1890s.
Lane previously served as national president of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and as president of the largest commercial real estate company in Mississippi, employing over 175 people.
Parker has worked in leasing, management and development in Jackson since 1986. He is the past president of both the Mississippi CCIM Chapter and Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), a former member of the Jackson Association of Realtors board of directors and a charter member of the Mississippi Commercial Association of Realtors (MCAR).
Ridgway, who has been with CBRE Memphis since 2008 and received the Pinnacle Award for Newcomer of the Year in 2010, has moved to the Jackson office to continue his work in his hometown.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi