Governor selects pharmacists
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Gov. Phil Bryant has selected pharmacists J. Todd Barrett of Madison and Guy M. Phillips of Indianola to fill upcoming vacancies on the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy (Board) representing Old Congressional District 2 and At-Large Retail, respectively. The appointees will assume responsibilities July 1 and will serve a five-year term.
Barrett is the owner and operator of Covenant Pharmacy and specializes in serving residents of long-term care facilities throughout the state. Active in his profession, he is president of Advantage Pharmacy Services, vice president of Transcript Pharmacy and president of the Mississippi Pharmacists Association.
Phillips has ownership in four Magic Mart Pharmacies in the Mississippi Delta where he has practiced pharmacy for over 22 years. He serves on the board of directors for both the Mississippi Independent Pharmacy Association as well as the Magnolia Health Plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill