Storm spawns perhaps two twisters, no injuries/damge reported yet
by Associated Press
Published: April 19,2013
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — A National Weather Service spokesman says storm chasers caught video of a tornado touching down yesterday in rural Sharkey County in the Mississippi Delta.
The tornado was spotted near Nitta Yuma at 5:22 p.m. CDT. There were no immediate reports of injuries or property damage.
The spokesman says there also were reports of a possible tornado near Leland.
NWS forecasters say a cold front brought the possibility of strong tornadoes, damaging winds, large hail and flash flooding to the area.
The forecast called for severe weather threats to increase in Mississippi yesterday afternoon, with greater chances of rain and storms overnight. Wind gusts as high as 35 mph and rain of 2 inches or more could be recorded in the northern Delta region and around Memphis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody