Storm spawns perhaps two twisters, no injuries/damge reported yet
Published: April 19,2013
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — A National Weather Service spokesman says storm chasers caught video of a tornado touching down yesterday in rural Sharkey County in the Mississippi Delta.
The tornado was spotted near Nitta Yuma at 5:22 p.m. CDT. There were no immediate reports of injuries or property damage.
The spokesman says there also were reports of a possible tornado near Leland.
NWS forecasters say a cold front brought the possibility of strong tornadoes, damaging winds, large hail and flash flooding to the area.
The forecast called for severe weather threats to increase in Mississippi yesterday afternoon, with greater chances of rain and storms overnight. Wind gusts as high as 35 mph and rain of 2 inches or more could be recorded in the northern Delta region and around Memphis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur