USM honors Franks
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Tammy Franks, dean of business services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jackson County Campus, has been chosen to receive the 2013 W. L. Pierce Education Leadership Award from the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Educational Studies and Research. Franks is currently a doctoral candidate in higher education administration with a minor in instructional technology at USM. Franks is scheduled to complete her doctoral studies in 2014.
The award, which was established in 2010, recognizes the highest levels of integrity, fairness, democratic leadership and academic achievement of a graduate student enrolled in one of the department’s programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus