USM honors Franks
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 19,2013
Tammy Franks, dean of business services at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jackson County Campus, has been chosen to receive the 2013 W. L. Pierce Education Leadership Award from the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Educational Studies and Research. Franks is currently a doctoral candidate in higher education administration with a minor in instructional technology at USM. Franks is scheduled to complete her doctoral studies in 2014.
The award, which was established in 2010, recognizes the highest levels of integrity, fairness, democratic leadership and academic achievement of a graduate student enrolled in one of the department’s programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn