Real estate firm sees earnings, revenue rise while debt falls
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit rose in the first quarter as revenues rose and debt payments fell.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose 32 percent to $7.2 million, or 24 cents per share in the three months ended March 31. That’s up from $5.4 million, or 19 cents per share, in 2012′s first quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to $48.3 million.
The company said it started work during the quarter on a total of five new warehouses in San Antonio, Houston, Orlando, Fla., and Phoeniz, Ariz., estimated to cost $28.5 million. The company is working on a total of 16 warehouses worth $85 million in those markets. After the quarter ended, EastGroup spend $5.7 million to buy land for up to six warehouses in Charlotte, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment