Real estate firm sees earnings, revenue rise while debt falls
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit rose in the first quarter as revenues rose and debt payments fell.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose 32 percent to $7.2 million, or 24 cents per share in the three months ended March 31. That’s up from $5.4 million, or 19 cents per share, in 2012′s first quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to $48.3 million.
The company said it started work during the quarter on a total of five new warehouses in San Antonio, Houston, Orlando, Fla., and Phoeniz, Ariz., estimated to cost $28.5 million. The company is working on a total of 16 warehouses worth $85 million in those markets. After the quarter ended, EastGroup spend $5.7 million to buy land for up to six warehouses in Charlotte, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday