Real estate firm sees earnings, revenue rise while debt falls
by Associated Press
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit rose in the first quarter as revenues rose and debt payments fell.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose 32 percent to $7.2 million, or 24 cents per share in the three months ended March 31. That’s up from $5.4 million, or 19 cents per share, in 2012′s first quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to $48.3 million.
The company said it started work during the quarter on a total of five new warehouses in San Antonio, Houston, Orlando, Fla., and Phoeniz, Ariz., estimated to cost $28.5 million. The company is working on a total of 16 warehouses worth $85 million in those markets. After the quarter ended, EastGroup spend $5.7 million to buy land for up to six warehouses in Charlotte, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects