Real estate firm sees earnings, revenue rise while debt falls
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties’ profit rose in the first quarter as revenues rose and debt payments fell.
The real estate investment trust said quarterly profit rose 32 percent to $7.2 million, or 24 cents per share in the three months ended March 31. That’s up from $5.4 million, or 19 cents per share, in 2012′s first quarter.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to $48.3 million.
The company said it started work during the quarter on a total of five new warehouses in San Antonio, Houston, Orlando, Fla., and Phoeniz, Ariz., estimated to cost $28.5 million. The company is working on a total of 16 warehouses worth $85 million in those markets. After the quarter ended, EastGroup spend $5.7 million to buy land for up to six warehouses in Charlotte, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015