SBA names restaurateurs as year’s best entrepreneurs
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — Jeff E. Good and Daniel J. Blumenthal, owners of Sal & Mookie’s New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint of Jackson, have been named the SBA 2013 Mississippi Small Business Persons of the Year by the Mississippi District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Small Business Person of the Year winners from 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Guam will converge in June when one of them will be selected as National Small Business Person of the Year during the SBA’s celebration of National Small Business Week set for June 17-21.
“We are proud that Jeff and Dan are SBA’s Small Business Persons of the Year for 2013,” says Janita R. Stewart, SBA District Director in Mississippi. “Nominated to SBA by Trustmark National Bank, their selection as our state winners was based in part on Sal and Mookie’s staying power, growth in number of employees, increase in sales and/or unit volume, current and past financial reports, innovations of product or service, and response to adversity and contributions to aid the community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release