SBA names restaurateurs as year’s best entrepreneurs
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — Jeff E. Good and Daniel J. Blumenthal, owners of Sal & Mookie’s New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint of Jackson, have been named the SBA 2013 Mississippi Small Business Persons of the Year by the Mississippi District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Small Business Person of the Year winners from 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Guam will converge in June when one of them will be selected as National Small Business Person of the Year during the SBA’s celebration of National Small Business Week set for June 17-21.
“We are proud that Jeff and Dan are SBA’s Small Business Persons of the Year for 2013,” says Janita R. Stewart, SBA District Director in Mississippi. “Nominated to SBA by Trustmark National Bank, their selection as our state winners was based in part on Sal and Mookie’s staying power, growth in number of employees, increase in sales and/or unit volume, current and past financial reports, innovations of product or service, and response to adversity and contributions to aid the community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that