SBA names restaurateurs as year’s best entrepreneurs
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2013
JACKSON — Jeff E. Good and Daniel J. Blumenthal, owners of Sal & Mookie’s New York Pizza & Ice Cream Joint of Jackson, have been named the SBA 2013 Mississippi Small Business Persons of the Year by the Mississippi District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Small Business Person of the Year winners from 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Guam will converge in June when one of them will be selected as National Small Business Person of the Year during the SBA’s celebration of National Small Business Week set for June 17-21.
“We are proud that Jeff and Dan are SBA’s Small Business Persons of the Year for 2013,” says Janita R. Stewart, SBA District Director in Mississippi. “Nominated to SBA by Trustmark National Bank, their selection as our state winners was based in part on Sal and Mookie’s staying power, growth in number of employees, increase in sales and/or unit volume, current and past financial reports, innovations of product or service, and response to adversity and contributions to aid the community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute