Attorney General Hood teams up with Facebook
Published: April 23,2013
Protecting teens’ online privacy is the goal of a new public education campaign launched today by Attorney General Jim Hood in cooperation with Facebook.
“As parents, we address issues of trust, accountability and respect with our children concerning their direct interactions with others and we should treat online conversations the same,” said Attorney General Hood. “I am proud to partner with Facebook for this consumer education campaign focusing on safety and privacy.”
The initiative, which was formally unveiled recently at the National Association of Attorneys General’s Presidential Initiative Summit on “Privacy in the Digital Age,” provides teenagers and parents with tips and resources to better manage what information they share – and with whom they share it — both on Facebook and more broadly on the Internet.
Attorney General Hood joined with Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg in taping a public service announcement entitled, “What You Can Do to Control Your Information” that addresses top questions about privacy, bullying prevention and general Internet safety.
Although the awareness campaign targets young people, the online privacy resources can be utilized by all consumers. The effort also includes a privacy tip sheet and an “Ask the Safety Team” video series where Facebook will answer consumers’ questions. Both can be found at www.facebook.com/fbsafety and on Attorney General Hood’s Facebook page (Mississippi Attorney General’s Office) and office website (www.agjimhood.com).
The Presidential Initiative Summit, held just outside Washington, D.C., covered the latest legal and policy ground related to digital privacy and featured prominent speakers discussing cybersecurity, data mining, government responses and market solutions to Internet privacy challenges and more.
Source: Office of Attorney General Jim Hood
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years