Lawmakers to return for special session on mystery project
Published: April 24,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant says he’s calling lawmakers to the Capitol late this week for a special session on an economic development project.
He said today that the session will begin at 10 a.m. Friday.
He didn’t give specifics about the project, but said it will create needed jobs for the state.
He said earlier this week that the project would be part of Mississippi’s automobile corridor. The state has two auto manufacturing plants — Nissan near Canton and Toyota near Blue Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner