Lawmakers to return for special session on mystery project
Published: April 24,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant says he’s calling lawmakers to the Capitol late this week for a special session on an economic development project.
He said today that the session will begin at 10 a.m. Friday.
He didn’t give specifics about the project, but said it will create needed jobs for the state.
He said earlier this week that the project would be part of Mississippi’s automobile corridor. The state has two auto manufacturing plants — Nissan near Canton and Toyota near Blue Springs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist