TVA names DayBrite Innovator of the Year
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2013
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored regional businesses, local power distributors and other local leaders for exceptional leadership and participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch renewable energy program in 2012.
Green Power Switch Leadership Awards were presented in 13 categories in a special ceremony in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
Launched in 2000, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses a way to support renewable energy by purchasing 150-kilowatt blocks of TVA green power through their local power company.
DayBrite Lighting in Tupelo received Innovator of the Year – Energy Efficiency. It was the only Mississippi-based entity to win an award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county