TVA names DayBrite Innovator of the Year
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2013
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored regional businesses, local power distributors and other local leaders for exceptional leadership and participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch renewable energy program in 2012.
Green Power Switch Leadership Awards were presented in 13 categories in a special ceremony in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
Launched in 2000, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses a way to support renewable energy by purchasing 150-kilowatt blocks of TVA green power through their local power company.
DayBrite Lighting in Tupelo received Innovator of the Year – Energy Efficiency. It was the only Mississippi-based entity to win an award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law