TVA names DayBrite Innovator of the Year
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2013
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored regional businesses, local power distributors and other local leaders for exceptional leadership and participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch renewable energy program in 2012.
Green Power Switch Leadership Awards were presented in 13 categories in a special ceremony in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
Launched in 2000, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses a way to support renewable energy by purchasing 150-kilowatt blocks of TVA green power through their local power company.
DayBrite Lighting in Tupelo received Innovator of the Year – Energy Efficiency. It was the only Mississippi-based entity to win an award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics