TVA names DayBrite Innovator of the Year
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2013
TUPELO — The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored regional businesses, local power distributors and other local leaders for exceptional leadership and participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch renewable energy program in 2012.
Green Power Switch Leadership Awards were presented in 13 categories in a special ceremony in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
Launched in 2000, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses a way to support renewable energy by purchasing 150-kilowatt blocks of TVA green power through their local power company.
DayBrite Lighting in Tupelo received Innovator of the Year – Energy Efficiency. It was the only Mississippi-based entity to win an award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending