Massive LNG storage tank makes journey to Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in South Mississippi had a “little” something to watch out for yesterday.
Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) officials and local law enforcement officers assisted MEF Transportation, LLC in moving an empty liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank from the Louisiana state line at Natchez to Seaway Road in Gulfport.
This 190 ton load was 22 feet wide, 16 feet 7 inches high and 134 feet long. It traveled on 12 axles, including the truck and trailer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case