Massive LNG storage tank makes journey to Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in South Mississippi had a “little” something to watch out for yesterday.
Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) officials and local law enforcement officers assisted MEF Transportation, LLC in moving an empty liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank from the Louisiana state line at Natchez to Seaway Road in Gulfport.
This 190 ton load was 22 feet wide, 16 feet 7 inches high and 134 feet long. It traveled on 12 axles, including the truck and trailer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings