Massive LNG storage tank makes journey to Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in South Mississippi had a “little” something to watch out for yesterday.
Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) officials and local law enforcement officers assisted MEF Transportation, LLC in moving an empty liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank from the Louisiana state line at Natchez to Seaway Road in Gulfport.
This 190 ton load was 22 feet wide, 16 feet 7 inches high and 134 feet long. It traveled on 12 axles, including the truck and trailer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him