Massive LNG storage tank makes journey to Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in South Mississippi had a “little” something to watch out for yesterday.
Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) officials and local law enforcement officers assisted MEF Transportation, LLC in moving an empty liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank from the Louisiana state line at Natchez to Seaway Road in Gulfport.
This 190 ton load was 22 feet wide, 16 feet 7 inches high and 134 feet long. It traveled on 12 axles, including the truck and trailer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center