Massive LNG storage tank makes journey to Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 25,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Motorists in South Mississippi had a “little” something to watch out for yesterday.
Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) officials and local law enforcement officers assisted MEF Transportation, LLC in moving an empty liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank from the Louisiana state line at Natchez to Seaway Road in Gulfport.
This 190 ton load was 22 feet wide, 16 feet 7 inches high and 134 feet long. It traveled on 12 axles, including the truck and trailer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion