City now requiring rental owners to have license, inspection
Published: April 26,2013
MCCOMB — The city of McComb will soon require some rental property owners to obtain a privilege license and have their properties inspected.
The Enterprise-Journal reports Mayor Whitney Rawlings broke a tie vote this week to approve the ordinance.
It will require all rental property owners with three or more properties purchase what will likely be a $25 to $30 privilege tax license.
Rawlings says the ordinance will protect property values and decrease blight.
City officials still must decide how much inspections will cost landlords. Rawlings says the issue will be discussed when the board of selectmen meet in May.
The ordinance will go into effect 30 days after the city advertises it in the newspaper, which Rawlings says will mean a June or July start date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “City now requiring rental owners to have license, inspection”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss