The First buys Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
Published: April 30,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has acquired First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms of the acquisition, announced yesterday, were not made public.
Officials say the acquisition expands The First into Alabama with five new branches. The First will now have 24 locations in Mississippi, Louisiana and South Alabama.
The First will now have approximately $970 Million in assets and about $845 Million in deposits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today