The First buys Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
Published: April 30,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has acquired First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms of the acquisition, announced yesterday, were not made public.
Officials say the acquisition expands The First into Alabama with five new branches. The First will now have 24 locations in Mississippi, Louisiana and South Alabama.
The First will now have approximately $970 Million in assets and about $845 Million in deposits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life