The First buys Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
Published: April 30,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has acquired First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms of the acquisition, announced yesterday, were not made public.
Officials say the acquisition expands The First into Alabama with five new branches. The First will now have 24 locations in Mississippi, Louisiana and South Alabama.
The First will now have approximately $970 Million in assets and about $845 Million in deposits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November