The First buys Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
by Associated Press
Published: April 30,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has acquired First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms of the acquisition, announced yesterday, were not made public.
Officials say the acquisition expands The First into Alabama with five new branches. The First will now have 24 locations in Mississippi, Louisiana and South Alabama.
The First will now have approximately $970 Million in assets and about $845 Million in deposits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi