The First buys Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
by Associated Press
Published: April 30,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has acquired First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms of the acquisition, announced yesterday, were not made public.
Officials say the acquisition expands The First into Alabama with five new branches. The First will now have 24 locations in Mississippi, Louisiana and South Alabama.
The First will now have approximately $970 Million in assets and about $845 Million in deposits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county