Defense honors sheriff’s office, automaker, pawn shop
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense operational committee, has selected three Mississippi employers as semifinalists for the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the DoD’s highest honor for employers that provide extraordinary support to their Guard and Reserve employees. This year, 138 semifinalists stood out among 2,899 employers nominated by a Guard or Reserve employee.
The Mississippi employers named semifinalists are Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Pascagoula; Nissan North America, Canton; and, USA Pawn, Pearl.
ESGR will announce the 2013 Freedom Award finalists next month after a review board comprised of military and civilian leaders selects the 30 most supportive employers. Up to 15 award recipients will be announced early this summer and honored in Washington, D.C., in September at the 18th-annual Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award ceremony.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location