Defense honors sheriff’s office, automaker, pawn shop
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense operational committee, has selected three Mississippi employers as semifinalists for the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the DoD’s highest honor for employers that provide extraordinary support to their Guard and Reserve employees. This year, 138 semifinalists stood out among 2,899 employers nominated by a Guard or Reserve employee.
The Mississippi employers named semifinalists are Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Pascagoula; Nissan North America, Canton; and, USA Pawn, Pearl.
ESGR will announce the 2013 Freedom Award finalists next month after a review board comprised of military and civilian leaders selects the 30 most supportive employers. Up to 15 award recipients will be announced early this summer and honored in Washington, D.C., in September at the 18th-annual Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award ceremony.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years