Defense honors sheriff’s office, automaker, pawn shop
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense operational committee, has selected three Mississippi employers as semifinalists for the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the DoD’s highest honor for employers that provide extraordinary support to their Guard and Reserve employees. This year, 138 semifinalists stood out among 2,899 employers nominated by a Guard or Reserve employee.
The Mississippi employers named semifinalists are Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Pascagoula; Nissan North America, Canton; and, USA Pawn, Pearl.
ESGR will announce the 2013 Freedom Award finalists next month after a review board comprised of military and civilian leaders selects the 30 most supportive employers. Up to 15 award recipients will be announced early this summer and honored in Washington, D.C., in September at the 18th-annual Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award ceremony.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on