Defense honors sheriff’s office, automaker, pawn shop
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense operational committee, has selected three Mississippi employers as semifinalists for the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the DoD’s highest honor for employers that provide extraordinary support to their Guard and Reserve employees. This year, 138 semifinalists stood out among 2,899 employers nominated by a Guard or Reserve employee.
The Mississippi employers named semifinalists are Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Pascagoula; Nissan North America, Canton; and, USA Pawn, Pearl.
ESGR will announce the 2013 Freedom Award finalists next month after a review board comprised of military and civilian leaders selects the 30 most supportive employers. Up to 15 award recipients will be announced early this summer and honored in Washington, D.C., in September at the 18th-annual Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award ceremony.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur