‘Fierce’ competition changing the face of Southern Gaming Summit
by Frank Brown
Published: May 1,2013
It’s time once again for the annual Southern Gaming Summit in Biloxi, but next week’s gathering of industry leaders from the Southern region and across the country is developing a different aura.
“It’s changed over the years,” said Larry Gregory, executive director of the Mississippi Casino Operators Association. “While we want to showcase gaming in Mississippi, it’s no secret that expansion has taken over, and now competition is fierce with other states that are getting into gaming.
“We have to showcase the state and show people in the gaming industry that we have the stability and tourism amenities to get people to come to our state. That’s the goal of the summit.”
The Southern Gaming Summit/Bingo World gathering is Tuesday through Thursday at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center in Biloxi.
Gary W. Loveman, CEO and president of Caesars Entertainment will give the keynote address at the executive session Wednesday morning. During the session, a Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Frank Fahrenkopf, president and CEO of the American Gaming Association.
In addition to the expo, there are two days of education conferences ranging from the latest games to marketing strategies.
“The expo offers a glimpse into new technology, new games and legal issues,” said Gregory. “But the main goal is to let the people come and see we are a tourist destination — A stable destination. Want people to come come and enjoy gaming and other tourism attractions.”
For more information on the summit and for registration options and pricing, visit http://www.sgsummit.com/
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast