SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast