SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion