SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015