SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations