SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn