SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending