SoS delivers Point Cadet settlement check to USM
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
Tags: college, education, higher education, laboratory, marine life, postsecondary education, public university, research, science, scientist, settlement, state agency, state government, university, wildlife
HATTIESBURG — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has presented the University of Southern Mississippi with a check for $432,307 in the President’s Conference Room at the Aubrey K. Lucas Administration Building on the University’s Hattiesburg campus.
The funds are part of a settlement agreement reached in 2002 resolving long standing land issues on a piece of property located at Point Cadet in Biloxi. As part of the settlement agreement, funds generated from rents on the Point Cadet property are distributed among the State of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi and the City of Biloxi.
Including this payment, over $2.8 million has been distributed to Southern Miss as part of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history