Three health care-related projects receive CONs
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for three projects.
Universal Health System (d/b/a Parkwood Behavioral Health System) in Olive Branch has received a CON for the construction, renovation and addition of 20 acute adult psychiatric beds. These beds will be housed in new construction to be added to the hospital, totaling 12,000 square feet. The project also includes the renovation of 750 square feet of existing space. The total capital expenditure for this project is $4,835,791.
Neshoba County General Hospital in Philadelphia has received CON authority for an amendment to CON #R-0799 (construction of a replacement hospital). Instead of constructing a new replacement facility, renovations will be made to the existing facility and an additional 2.5 acres were acquired for staff parking and deliveries. The original capital expenditure for this project was $53,596,688. The revised capital expenditure for this project is $31,000,000.
Rush Health System (d/b/a Kemper CAH Inc., d/b/a John C. Stennis Memorial Hospital) in De Kalb has received a CON for the offering of mobile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) services for one-half day per week, four hours per day, on the hospital campus. There is no capital expenditure for this project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center