Three health care-related projects receive CONs
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2013
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for three projects.
Universal Health System (d/b/a Parkwood Behavioral Health System) in Olive Branch has received a CON for the construction, renovation and addition of 20 acute adult psychiatric beds. These beds will be housed in new construction to be added to the hospital, totaling 12,000 square feet. The project also includes the renovation of 750 square feet of existing space. The total capital expenditure for this project is $4,835,791.
Neshoba County General Hospital in Philadelphia has received CON authority for an amendment to CON #R-0799 (construction of a replacement hospital). Instead of constructing a new replacement facility, renovations will be made to the existing facility and an additional 2.5 acres were acquired for staff parking and deliveries. The original capital expenditure for this project was $53,596,688. The revised capital expenditure for this project is $31,000,000.
Rush Health System (d/b/a Kemper CAH Inc., d/b/a John C. Stennis Memorial Hospital) in De Kalb has received a CON for the offering of mobile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) services for one-half day per week, four hours per day, on the hospital campus. There is no capital expenditure for this project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma