Coast residents evacuated as flood waters rise
Published: May 2,2013
JACKSON COUNTY — Emergence management director Earl Etheridge says several Moss Point streets were being evacuated because of floods from pounding thunderstorms.
He tells The Mississippi Press his office helped Moss Point firefighters and police officers rescue people last night.
Four to seven inches of rain fell yesterday afternoon, with another two to four inches possible as of last night.
There’s also an 80 percent chance of rain today and a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow.
Etheridge says that depending on rainfall farther north and in Mobile, there could also be localized river flooding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate