Coast residents evacuated as flood waters rise
Published: May 2,2013
JACKSON COUNTY — Emergence management director Earl Etheridge says several Moss Point streets were being evacuated because of floods from pounding thunderstorms.
He tells The Mississippi Press his office helped Moss Point firefighters and police officers rescue people last night.
Four to seven inches of rain fell yesterday afternoon, with another two to four inches possible as of last night.
There’s also an 80 percent chance of rain today and a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow.
Etheridge says that depending on rainfall farther north and in Mobile, there could also be localized river flooding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board sets Friday meeting to discuss Dan Jones
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club