Coast residents evacuated as flood waters rise
by Associated Press
Published: May 2,2013
JACKSON COUNTY — Emergence management director Earl Etheridge says several Moss Point streets were being evacuated because of floods from pounding thunderstorms.
He tells The Mississippi Press his office helped Moss Point firefighters and police officers rescue people last night.
Four to seven inches of rain fell yesterday afternoon, with another two to four inches possible as of last night.
There’s also an 80 percent chance of rain today and a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow.
Etheridge says that depending on rainfall farther north and in Mobile, there could also be localized river flooding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center