Coast residents evacuated as flood waters rise
by Associated Press
Published: May 2,2013
JACKSON COUNTY — Emergence management director Earl Etheridge says several Moss Point streets were being evacuated because of floods from pounding thunderstorms.
He tells The Mississippi Press his office helped Moss Point firefighters and police officers rescue people last night.
Four to seven inches of rain fell yesterday afternoon, with another two to four inches possible as of last night.
There’s also an 80 percent chance of rain today and a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow.
Etheridge says that depending on rainfall farther north and in Mobile, there could also be localized river flooding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State