Coast residents evacuated as flood waters rise
Published: May 2,2013
JACKSON COUNTY — Emergence management director Earl Etheridge says several Moss Point streets were being evacuated because of floods from pounding thunderstorms.
He tells The Mississippi Press his office helped Moss Point firefighters and police officers rescue people last night.
Four to seven inches of rain fell yesterday afternoon, with another two to four inches possible as of last night.
There’s also an 80 percent chance of rain today and a 50 percent chance of rain tomorrow.
Etheridge says that depending on rainfall farther north and in Mobile, there could also be localized river flooding.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19