County borrowing to buy land from alternative fuels company
Published: May 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Adams County will borrow the $9 million it now needs to buy the former International Paper property from Rentech.
County officials announced earlier this week they had reached a deal with Rentech for the 478-acre property.
Officials tell the Natchez Democrat the board of supervisors will adopt a resolution to issue bonds for the $9 million. Local residents will have the opportunity to petition for an election before the bonds are issued.
Natchez Inc. executive director Chandler Russ said the property had to be purchased as a whole unit because Rentech was not interested in parceling it off.
Russ says Natchez Inc. is now working with the competing bidders about the use of the property, and five potential industrial clients are interested in the property in some fashion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits