County borrowing to buy land from alternative fuels company
Published: May 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Adams County will borrow the $9 million it now needs to buy the former International Paper property from Rentech.
County officials announced earlier this week they had reached a deal with Rentech for the 478-acre property.
Officials tell the Natchez Democrat the board of supervisors will adopt a resolution to issue bonds for the $9 million. Local residents will have the opportunity to petition for an election before the bonds are issued.
Natchez Inc. executive director Chandler Russ said the property had to be purchased as a whole unit because Rentech was not interested in parceling it off.
Russ says Natchez Inc. is now working with the competing bidders about the use of the property, and five potential industrial clients are interested in the property in some fashion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation