County borrowing to buy land from alternative fuels company
by Associated Press
Published: May 2,2013
NATCHEZ — Adams County will borrow the $9 million it now needs to buy the former International Paper property from Rentech.
County officials announced earlier this week they had reached a deal with Rentech for the 478-acre property.
Officials tell the Natchez Democrat the board of supervisors will adopt a resolution to issue bonds for the $9 million. Local residents will have the opportunity to petition for an election before the bonds are issued.
Natchez Inc. executive director Chandler Russ said the property had to be purchased as a whole unit because Rentech was not interested in parceling it off.
Russ says Natchez Inc. is now working with the competing bidders about the use of the property, and five potential industrial clients are interested in the property in some fashion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!