Sign-up for aid for Isaac victims ends this month
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 2,2013
Tags: aid, bank, banker, banking, damage, destruction, disaster, disaster assistance, disaster recovery, emergency, entrepreneur, entrepreneurship, federal agency, finance, financial institution, flood, flooding, hurricane, loan, natural disaster, rain, severe weather, small business, storm surge, topical weather, tornado, tropical, Weather, wind
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding businesses in Mississippi that working capital loans are still available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private non-profit organizations affected by Hurricane Isaac.
The deadline is May 30.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans up to $2 million are available at 3 percent for private non-profit organizations of all sizes and 4 percent for small businesses, with terms up to 30 years. The loans are intended to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other expenses that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred. To be considered for this assistance, eligible entities need to apply by the deadline.
These loans are available to small businesses and most private non-profit organizations in the following counties: Adams, Amite, Claiborne, Clarke, Copiah, Covington, Forrest, Franklin, George, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Hinds, Issaquena, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Lincoln, Madison, Marion, Newton, Pearl River, Perry, Pike, Rankin, Simpson, Smith, Stone, Walthall, Warren, Wayne, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application via SBA’s secure website at disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
To obtain disaster loan information and application forms, call the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Loan application forms can also be downloaded from www.sba.gov. Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state