Troubled agency hires accounting firm for 60-day review
Published: May 2,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has an agreement with a firm to conduct a 60-day review of the troubled agency’s finances, structure, staffing, work flow and government program compliance.
DMR executive director Jamie Miller told the Sun Herald the agency has signed a deal with the Jackson-based accounting firm HORNE LLP. HORNE’s contract with DMR will specify the job won’t exceed $150,000.
The DMR is also working on another agreement with another CPA firm.
Miller said when he was named as head of the agency last month, he would initiate a comprehensive 60-day review of the DMR’s spending practices and structure.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal