Troubled agency hires accounting firm for 60-day review
Published: May 2,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has an agreement with a firm to conduct a 60-day review of the troubled agency’s finances, structure, staffing, work flow and government program compliance.
DMR executive director Jamie Miller told the Sun Herald the agency has signed a deal with the Jackson-based accounting firm HORNE LLP. HORNE’s contract with DMR will specify the job won’t exceed $150,000.
The DMR is also working on another agreement with another CPA firm.
Miller said when he was named as head of the agency last month, he would initiate a comprehensive 60-day review of the DMR’s spending practices and structure.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November