Troubled agency hires accounting firm for 60-day review
Published: May 2,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has an agreement with a firm to conduct a 60-day review of the troubled agency’s finances, structure, staffing, work flow and government program compliance.
DMR executive director Jamie Miller told the Sun Herald the agency has signed a deal with the Jackson-based accounting firm HORNE LLP. HORNE’s contract with DMR will specify the job won’t exceed $150,000.
The DMR is also working on another agreement with another CPA firm.
Miller said when he was named as head of the agency last month, he would initiate a comprehensive 60-day review of the DMR’s spending practices and structure.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M