Troubled agency hires accounting firm for 60-day review
Published: May 2,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has an agreement with a firm to conduct a 60-day review of the troubled agency’s finances, structure, staffing, work flow and government program compliance.
DMR executive director Jamie Miller told the Sun Herald the agency has signed a deal with the Jackson-based accounting firm HORNE LLP. HORNE’s contract with DMR will specify the job won’t exceed $150,000.
The DMR is also working on another agreement with another CPA firm.
Miller said when he was named as head of the agency last month, he would initiate a comprehensive 60-day review of the DMR’s spending practices and structure.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015