Medical school accrediting body chooses LouAnn Woodward
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 3,2013
Dr. LouAnn Woodward, the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s associate vice chancellor for Health Affairs and professor of emergency medicine, has been appointed to the nationally recognized accrediting body for U.S. and Canadian medical schools. Woodward, who is also UMMC’s vice dean of the School of Medicine, will serve a three-year term starting July 1 as a member of the Liaison Committee for Medical Education, sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association. She will be one of 17 medical educators and administrators, practicing physicians, public members or medical students serving on the committee, which will meet in Chicago and Washington, D.C. A native Mississippian, she earned her undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and received her medical education at UMMC, where she also completed her residency training. Woodward helped shepherd the School of Medicine through its own recent accreditation process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren