Medical school accrediting body chooses LouAnn Woodward
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 3,2013
Dr. LouAnn Woodward, the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s associate vice chancellor for Health Affairs and professor of emergency medicine, has been appointed to the nationally recognized accrediting body for U.S. and Canadian medical schools. Woodward, who is also UMMC’s vice dean of the School of Medicine, will serve a three-year term starting July 1 as a member of the Liaison Committee for Medical Education, sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association. She will be one of 17 medical educators and administrators, practicing physicians, public members or medical students serving on the committee, which will meet in Chicago and Washington, D.C. A native Mississippian, she earned her undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and received her medical education at UMMC, where she also completed her residency training. Woodward helped shepherd the School of Medicine through its own recent accreditation process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders