Medical school accrediting body chooses LouAnn Woodward
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 3,2013
Dr. LouAnn Woodward, the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s associate vice chancellor for Health Affairs and professor of emergency medicine, has been appointed to the nationally recognized accrediting body for U.S. and Canadian medical schools. Woodward, who is also UMMC’s vice dean of the School of Medicine, will serve a three-year term starting July 1 as a member of the Liaison Committee for Medical Education, sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association. She will be one of 17 medical educators and administrators, practicing physicians, public members or medical students serving on the committee, which will meet in Chicago and Washington, D.C. A native Mississippian, she earned her undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and received her medical education at UMMC, where she also completed her residency training. Woodward helped shepherd the School of Medicine through its own recent accreditation process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November