USM honors James Turner
Dr. James M. Turner, dean of the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, was the recipient of the Alton B. Cobb Outstanding Master of Public Health Award at the University of Southern Mississippi’s annual College of Health Awards Night at the Thad Cochran Center. Dr. Michael Forster, dean of the College of Health at USM, and Dr. Ray Newman, chair of the Department of Community Health Sciences at USM, presented the award to Turner, who is currently a student in the master of health program at USM. Turner graduated from Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1988. He received his fellow from the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians in 1998 and the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine in 2008. He completed his residency in emergency medicine from Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Fla., and completed his bachelor of science degree at Georgia Southwestern College in Americus, Ga. Turner has worked as an Osteopathic Family Physician and Emergency Physician in Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina and West Virginia. He currently serves on the board of directors for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine. He is also an inspector for the American Osteopathic Association for medical colleges and emergency medicine residencies, and serves on numerous committees of the osteopathic medical profession. Turner relocated to Hattiesburg from Charleston, W.V., where he worked in post- graduate education and developed an emergency medicine residency program. He has worked for the WCUCOM since 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center