Police no longer shadowing Wicker due to ricin letter
by Associated Press
Published: May 5,2013
TUPELO — The security team of Capitol Police assigned U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker is no longer keeping tabs on him outside his Tupelo home or when he travels.
The security was ordered for the Mississippi Republican after a letter containing ricin and addressed to his office was intercepted.
Wicker told a Tupelo civic club Friday that authorities were keeping the team with him until after the arrest of and hearing for a suspect in the case. The security detail for Wicker ended Friday night
On Thursday, suspect James Everett Dutschke was ordered to remain in jail without bond until a federal grand jury decides whether to indict him.
Wicker says he looks forward to having less of an entourage as he travels and returning to being a regular member of society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip