No injuries in Hub City bar fire; investigation underway
Published: May 7,2013
HATTIESBURG — A fire gutted the Frat House bar early yesterday but authorities say there were no injuries.
The Hattiesburg American reports no one was in the bar on South 37th Avenue when the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Fire Investigator Geneva Morgan says the building was a total loss. No one was in the bar when the fire started, she says.
Fire chief David Webster says the flames pierced the roof in more than one part of the building.
Morgan said the investigation to determine the cause of the fire probably would take about a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued