No injuries in Hub City bar fire; investigation underway
Published: May 7,2013
HATTIESBURG — A fire gutted the Frat House bar early yesterday but authorities say there were no injuries.
The Hattiesburg American reports no one was in the bar on South 37th Avenue when the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Fire Investigator Geneva Morgan says the building was a total loss. No one was in the bar when the fire started, she says.
Fire chief David Webster says the flames pierced the roof in more than one part of the building.
Morgan said the investigation to determine the cause of the fire probably would take about a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet