No injuries in Hub City bar fire; investigation underway
Published: May 7,2013
HATTIESBURG — A fire gutted the Frat House bar early yesterday but authorities say there were no injuries.
The Hattiesburg American reports no one was in the bar on South 37th Avenue when the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Fire Investigator Geneva Morgan says the building was a total loss. No one was in the bar when the fire started, she says.
Fire chief David Webster says the flames pierced the roof in more than one part of the building.
Morgan said the investigation to determine the cause of the fire probably would take about a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways