No injuries in Hub City bar fire; investigation underway
Published: May 7,2013
HATTIESBURG — A fire gutted the Frat House bar early yesterday but authorities say there were no injuries.
The Hattiesburg American reports no one was in the bar on South 37th Avenue when the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Fire Investigator Geneva Morgan says the building was a total loss. No one was in the bar when the fire started, she says.
Fire chief David Webster says the flames pierced the roof in more than one part of the building.
Morgan said the investigation to determine the cause of the fire probably would take about a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey