No injuries in Hub City bar fire; investigation underway
by Associated Press
Published: May 7,2013
HATTIESBURG — A fire gutted the Frat House bar early yesterday but authorities say there were no injuries.
The Hattiesburg American reports no one was in the bar on South 37th Avenue when the fire was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m.
Fire Investigator Geneva Morgan says the building was a total loss. No one was in the bar when the fire started, she says.
Fire chief David Webster says the flames pierced the roof in more than one part of the building.
Morgan said the investigation to determine the cause of the fire probably would take about a week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue