NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 7,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has expanded its engineering services and capabilities through a strategic licensing agreement with QinetiQ North America Inc. (QNA) and the addition of personnel with expertise in underwater sensors and acoustic telemetry.
Under its agreement with QNA, NVision will have the exclusive right to further develop and license to end users QNA’s proprietary SAKI technology, miniature modular electronic circuit cards that perform sonar data acquisition functions.
Through this new endeavor, NVision continues to expand its engineering expertise first developed in 2004 with the production of scientific quality weather stations, tracking devices and large format multi-touch surface computers.
Most recently, NVision was awarded a contract with NAVAIR to design, test and build hand-held radar simulators. In support of its expansion, NVision has added a half dozen engineers and high-level technicians with decades of experience to a growing staff.
Tom Koger, executive director, Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, (EIGS) commented, “This is a fantastic example of the regional innovative cluster concept where two cluster companies have identified a solution to benefit local, regional, and national interest.” Both NVision and QinetiQ North America are long-term EIGS cluster members on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics