NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 7,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has expanded its engineering services and capabilities through a strategic licensing agreement with QinetiQ North America Inc. (QNA) and the addition of personnel with expertise in underwater sensors and acoustic telemetry.
Under its agreement with QNA, NVision will have the exclusive right to further develop and license to end users QNA’s proprietary SAKI technology, miniature modular electronic circuit cards that perform sonar data acquisition functions.
Through this new endeavor, NVision continues to expand its engineering expertise first developed in 2004 with the production of scientific quality weather stations, tracking devices and large format multi-touch surface computers.
Most recently, NVision was awarded a contract with NAVAIR to design, test and build hand-held radar simulators. In support of its expansion, NVision has added a half dozen engineers and high-level technicians with decades of experience to a growing staff.
Tom Koger, executive director, Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, (EIGS) commented, “This is a fantastic example of the regional innovative cluster concept where two cluster companies have identified a solution to benefit local, regional, and national interest.” Both NVision and QinetiQ North America are long-term EIGS cluster members on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years