NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 7,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — NVision Solutions Inc. has expanded its engineering services and capabilities through a strategic licensing agreement with QinetiQ North America Inc. (QNA) and the addition of personnel with expertise in underwater sensors and acoustic telemetry.
Under its agreement with QNA, NVision will have the exclusive right to further develop and license to end users QNA’s proprietary SAKI technology, miniature modular electronic circuit cards that perform sonar data acquisition functions.
Through this new endeavor, NVision continues to expand its engineering expertise first developed in 2004 with the production of scientific quality weather stations, tracking devices and large format multi-touch surface computers.
Most recently, NVision was awarded a contract with NAVAIR to design, test and build hand-held radar simulators. In support of its expansion, NVision has added a half dozen engineers and high-level technicians with decades of experience to a growing staff.
Tom Koger, executive director, Enterprise for Innovative Geospatial Solutions, (EIGS) commented, “This is a fantastic example of the regional innovative cluster concept where two cluster companies have identified a solution to benefit local, regional, and national interest.” Both NVision and QinetiQ North America are long-term EIGS cluster members on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “NVision expands through new agreement with QinetiQ”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love