The Accelerator adds three new tenants, including GE Aviation
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 7,2013
Tags: college, development, education, higher education, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, postsecondary education, public university, research, school, science, technology, university
HATTIESBURG — The Accelerator, the University of Southern Mississippi’s technology commercialization center, has added new tenants GE Aviation, Radiance Technologies and Vatican Capital.
GE Aviation, which just opened a new aircraft engine composite parts production facility in Ellisville has leased space at The Accelerator and is working with Mississippi Polymer Institute (MPI) and Jones County Junior College to produce employee composites training programs, which include training in business, lean manufacturing, safety, basic math, blue print reading and team training. The Introduction to Composites course is designed specifically for GE Aviation and the process.
Radiance Technologies is a premier small business established in March 1999 in Huntsville, Ala. The company leverages small-business ingenuity and large-business competencies to provide high-quality systems engineering, technology and prototype development, integration and testing, and operational support for the Department of Defense, armed services, intelligence agencies and other government organizations.
Vatican Capital is the first faith-based venture capital firm in the nation. It focuses on making sound seed and growth investments in privately held small businesses that are led by Catholic entrepreneurs in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The Accelerator adds three new tenants, including GE Aviation”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real