Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2013
MARSHALL COUNTY — Rockwool International officials and State of Mississippi economic development leadership have broken ground on the company’s first manufacturing facility in the United States.
Rockwool is the parent company of Roxul, a manufacturer of stone wool insulation products in North America.
The plant, located approximately 30 miles south of Memphis, was announced last year and is expected to be operational by second quarter of 2014. The facility will encompass 600,000 square feet and located on a 100-acre site in the Chickasaw Trail Industrial Park. The company will invest $160 million in the plant, which will employ approximately 150.
Roxul president Trent Ogilvie said, “We analyzed several possible sites in the southeastern United States, and the State of Mississippi and Marshall County provided us the optimal site. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form