Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2013
MARSHALL COUNTY — Rockwool International officials and State of Mississippi economic development leadership have broken ground on the company’s first manufacturing facility in the United States.
Rockwool is the parent company of Roxul, a manufacturer of stone wool insulation products in North America.
The plant, located approximately 30 miles south of Memphis, was announced last year and is expected to be operational by second quarter of 2014. The facility will encompass 600,000 square feet and located on a 100-acre site in the Chickasaw Trail Industrial Park. The company will invest $160 million in the plant, which will employ approximately 150.
Roxul president Trent Ogilvie said, “We analyzed several possible sites in the southeastern United States, and the State of Mississippi and Marshall County provided us the optimal site. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP