Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2013
MARSHALL COUNTY — Rockwool International officials and State of Mississippi economic development leadership have broken ground on the company’s first manufacturing facility in the United States.
Rockwool is the parent company of Roxul, a manufacturer of stone wool insulation products in North America.
The plant, located approximately 30 miles south of Memphis, was announced last year and is expected to be operational by second quarter of 2014. The facility will encompass 600,000 square feet and located on a 100-acre site in the Chickasaw Trail Industrial Park. The company will invest $160 million in the plant, which will employ approximately 150.
Roxul president Trent Ogilvie said, “We analyzed several possible sites in the southeastern United States, and the State of Mississippi and Marshall County provided us the optimal site. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot