Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 9,2013
MARSHALL COUNTY — Rockwool International officials and State of Mississippi economic development leadership have broken ground on the company’s first manufacturing facility in the United States.
Rockwool is the parent company of Roxul, a manufacturer of stone wool insulation products in North America.
The plant, located approximately 30 miles south of Memphis, was announced last year and is expected to be operational by second quarter of 2014. The facility will encompass 600,000 square feet and located on a 100-acre site in the Chickasaw Trail Industrial Park. The company will invest $160 million in the plant, which will employ approximately 150.
Roxul president Trent Ogilvie said, “We analyzed several possible sites in the southeastern United States, and the State of Mississippi and Marshall County provided us the optimal site. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Stone wool plant coming to park; to employ 150 workers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus